Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a few days ago I got approval to purchase Masters tickets. For a tournament day (Friday). So I'm really pumped!! :yahoo: I've been playing golf for a long time and Augusta is a bucket list item for sure. In case some don't know, Masters tickets are really hard to get, and a random selection is done for those that register. Also, a rare few are on a list that get tickets every year, but I don't know any of those lucky folks.

Has anyone ever been? How was your experience? Have any advice for navigating the course?

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,476 Posts
Two of the guys I play golf with try and go every year but I have never been. Congrats on the tickets and just enjoy it.

I too have heard that the food and merchandise are reasonably priced. Everyone says you have to try the Pimento and Cheese sandwich......

·
Registered
117 Posts
I've been several times. It is without a doubt the most beautiful place I've ever seen. The most amazing part is the lack of advertising. I was there a week last time, and the only advertising I saw was a "Mars" on the BACK of a pack of m&m's. also worth noting is that anytime you see someone wearing a green jacket, you should introduce yourself and say "thank you".
*side note....I ran into Ben Krenshaw in Starbucks a couple weeks ago and got to shake a Masters Champion's hand which was an honor (even though he is a teasip).

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Concretestorm said:
Spammage said:
Concretestorm said:
*side note....I ran into Ben Krenshaw in Starbucks a couple weeks ago and got to shake a Masters Champion's hand which was an honor (even though he is a teasip).
Affiliation or it didn't happen.
Affiliation to what?
LOL - was just curious as to your school affiliation. I'm a Red Raider and don't particularly care for teasips either. :thumbup:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Spammage said:
Concretestorm said:
Spammage said:
Affiliation or it didn't happen.
Affiliation to what?
LOL - was just curious as to your school affiliation. I'm a Red Raider and don't particularly care for teasips either. :thumbup:
4th generation Aggie '15,'42,'68,'96. I have lots of respect for Tech. However, I live near Austin, and the news had a story last week about how the longhorns are going to win the national championship this year! On the upside, the fall collapse is always fun to watch.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.