Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting my spring schedule together. If applying these products about week apart for each, what should I apply first, or does it matter? Andersons Humic DG granular or PreM granular. I suspect dispersing the humic first would be better. I could only find information about mixing Andersons Humic DG when seeding on their website.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks @jonthepain

I dug a little deeper on the Andersons website and found the below information. It appears my suspicion was correct and the Humic DG granular should be applied first.

CAN HUMIC DG BE BLENDED WITH COMMONLY USED PRE-EMERGENT HERBICIDES IN FERTILIZERS

Humic DG contains highly oxidized carbon and organic acids that, in close association with certain classes of pre-emergent herbicides, may interfere with their efficacy. These same compounds, when applied to foliage in form of fluid fulvic and humic acid, have been shown to exhibit a beneficial effect towards the post emergent control of broadleaf weeds. However, no testing has been performed to determine the stability of herbicides on Humic DG.

WILL HUMIC DG WASH AWAY FROM APPLICATION SITE IN HEAVY RAINS?

Humic DG is a dispersible granule. Within a few minutes of application in a light rain or irrigation cycle, Humic DG will disperse into thousands of sub particles and begin self incorporation, allowing each sub particle to stay put as moisture increases. The only time this is not the case is when the surface water flow is strong enough to erode soil in a conventional or low residue cover field.

https://andersonshumates.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/HumicDG_BestUsePracticesFAQ.pdf

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
@Powhatan, where does it say to use the humic first?

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Green said:
where does it say to use the humic first?
@Green, it's an Inference to this product support statement:

"Humic DG contains highly oxidized carbon and organic acids that, in close association with certain classes of pre-emergent herbicides, may interfere with their efficacy."

Does this mean humic DG granular dispersal will compromise a preM barrier? I infer that it will. So I believe the humic DG granular should go down first. I have not found any other application documentation to my original question, so we'll just call my conclusion - IMO then ;)

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
Yeah, it's still not clear to me which one it's best to apply first, and how long to wait in between.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.