Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dfw_pilot said:
Look at used deals. I bought a used GM1000 that cuts beautifully, for $400. You can't buy a new Honda Rotary for that.
I guess reel mowersare not a thingdown here in South Texas. I have been searching daily for a usedk e and so far nothing.

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,473 Posts
IamNorby said:
dfw_pilot said:
Look at used deals. I bought a used GM1000 that cuts beautifully, for $400. You can't buy a new Honda Rotary for that.
I guess reel mowersare not a thingdown here in South Texas. I have been searching daily for a usedk e and so far nothing.
How far around you are you looking? It might also be that where you live that St. Augustine is the prevalent grass around you. You might have to make a day of it to find one within driving distance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mightyquinn said:
IamNorby said:
dfw_pilot said:
How far around you are you looking? It might also be that where you live that St. Augustine is the prevalent grass around you. You might have to make a day of it to find one within driving distance.
The biggest city close to me is 50 miles that's Corpus Christi, the next city bigger would be San Antonio 250+ miles. I have searched both areas and even up to Houston. I'm thinking my best bet would just to get one off the internet and pay for the shipping.

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,863 Posts
IamNorby said:
...I'm thinking my best bet would just to get one off the internet and pay for the shipping.
If you are wanting a greens mower, that is probably your best bet. I'm also in an area where used reel mowers rarely pop up. LTL freight is usually not too bad.

·
Registered
859 Posts
IamNorby said:
Mightyquinn said:
IamNorby said:
The biggest city close to me is 50 miles that's Corpus Christi, the next city bigger would be San Antonio 250+ miles. I have searched both areas and even up to Houston. I'm thinking my best bet would just to get one off the internet and pay for the shipping.
Check your inbox, sent you a pm. I bought 3 greens mowers from an auction last December and decided to only keep one of them. 2 of them need new homes. I live in the Houston area

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.