Lawn Care Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Premium Member
7,947 Posts
@Green oh okay. I will jot that down and see what they’ve got. Thanks.
They don't tend to update their inventory online since there's no ordering mechanism ityer than calling; they just show mixes from two years ago right now. They do have a separate pro turf site that is buried online somewhere, but I'm not sure where that is and if it lists the latest seed inventory since they don't offer online ordering; I saw it once, though. They seem to supply a lot of grass seed for golf courses, towns, and fertilizers and control products for agencies in the area. And I see their vegetable seed packets in stores around here. But I do know Mazama and Amity are two that they usually get in. I have purchased America and Mercury KBG, Fiesta 4, Karma, and Wicked TTPR, KY-31 TF, and Garnet FF in the past from them. Give them a call in March in April to check inventory, weed/other crop percentages, etc., and tell them someone from CT referred you for the Amity (and/or Mazama if they're willing to sell you a smaller amount). I hate buying seed when the weather is still such that it can freeze or get damp in the delivery truck. Lawn Seeds - Charles Hart Seed Company.

I've also bought from Hogan, Pawnee Buttes, United, recently from Twin City last Fall, and possibly Williams Seed at some point, too. Also once from LI Cauliflower in 2020 (but they don't like to do a ton of phone orders as they aren't set up for a lot of shipping orders). I don't know if any of those places have Mazama or Amity these days, but you never know. SSS was always too expensive. I could get 5-10 lbs somewhere else for what they charge for 1 lb. But many places have a 5 or 10 lb min. order.

Hogan, Hart, and United are the companies I currently use the most. There were others, too, I had used, that have since gotten out of the turf or resale businesses. There used to be another company in my state I bought from, but they stopped doing turf seed last year and just do crop seed now. For a while, I was buying seed at least once a year if not more often due to having 15,000 square feet and also taking care of another yard about that size for a number of years (2014 or 2015 to 2021).

• Helpful
Reactions: Jeff_MI84

· Premium Member
4,556sqft Zone 6 MI
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
@Green thanks man. I appreciate it. Yeah I wouldn’t want to risk spending all that money, shipping in the middle of winter. Last year I couldn’t even place an order with SSS until April, as they had almost no inventory (like now).

· Premium Member
4,556sqft Zone 6 MI
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Lawn is currently under almost 5” of snow right now. I’ve been browsing weather stations and the Hoselink hose reel for the front yard. The 82’ hose is perfect for the front because it’s long enough to water the front flower bed and reach the parkway. Either this fall or next year I want to get the Eley hose reel for the backyard.

Font Parallel Circle Science Machine

White Light Product Font Material property

21 - 24 of 24 Posts