Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all

So the spring reno began this last week and the video is out. I'm gonna make this the official thread for photos/feedback/thoughts on it.

First - yes I know its best to seed in the fall. I tried to do that here and the germination blankets failed. This spot is *prime* curb appeal so I can't have dirt all summer. I do have an irrigation system but I'll be doing manual watering to prevent fungus on the rest of the lawn.

https://youtu.be/pHXS9Wu4DMs

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The day after I down normal starter fertilizer over the whole lawn so I didnt show it in that video.

Today I just watered and the peat moss is still holding right to the hill. The tackifier appears to be working well.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Any idea on how long it will take to fill In?, another 1 or 2 seasons. What kind of organic material do you have via a soil test?
I am debating getting an soil test as my lawn is basically sod on yellow clay no top soil. Thanks for all the info you share.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely get a soil test. There is more to lawns than pH level and the test reveals a lot of info if you use LoganLabs.com

As for fill in, I'm not sure to be honest. I'm going to move plugs but I think by fall it should look good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.