Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All
I'm having 2 strange issues.
1-when I water, the water stays on top of the grass. It doesn't seem to want to go into the grass (weird)

2-Every morning, I have VERY skinny stalked mushrooms that appear and then die during the heat of the day. However, they return every morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
594 Posts
I'm no rocket appliance but maybe the sand? Before I seeded, I had to level and raise a good portion of the yard near my sidewalk and driveway. I added some sand to help blend the area and I get those skinny little mushrooms as well every few days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Iriasj2009 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much then. Spray baby shampoo and see if it helps. When your Grass gets real thick it tends to do that.
I guess it's a good problem then, because this grass is very thick. Irias, so far, I am extremely impressed with the latitude. I'm keeping it at 1/2" (mowing everyday), and it looks and feels better than any grass I've ever seen first hand.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
Have you checked out this thread? Soil Surfactants/Wetting Agents

I'm not a fan of the mushrooms in the yard, I know they are harmless but to me it means there is something else in the soil that I don't want. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
Concretestorm said:
Iriasj2009 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much then. Spray baby shampoo and see if it helps. When your Grass gets real thick it tends to do that.
I guess it's a good problem then, because this grass is very thick. Irias, so far, I am extremely impressed with the latitude. I'm keeping it at 1/2" (mowing everyday), and it looks and feels better than any grass I've ever seen first hand.
I'm leaning more and more towards latitude Bermuda.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Iriasj2009 said:
Concretestorm said:
Iriasj2009 said:
I wouldn't worry about it too much then. Spray baby shampoo and see if it helps. When your Grass gets real thick it tends to do that.
I guess it's a good problem then, because this grass is very thick. Irias, so far, I am extremely impressed with the latitude. I'm keeping it at 1/2" (mowing everyday), and it looks and feels better than any grass I've ever seen first hand.
I'm leaning more and more towards latitude Bermuda.
If your ever close to Austin, come by and see it.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
2,272 Posts
Have you looked into PGR's they will decrease your mowing frequency. If you think your yard is thick now wait and see what a PGR will do to it. If you're willing and able to mow everyday power to ya, but if you find yourself in a spot where you're going to be out of town for a few days or just busy. Spraying a PGR a few days before (it takes a few days to see results) can help you stay at your HOC without scalping when you finally get back on the lawn. The only downside I've heard of and depending on your situation it could be a good thing is that once you spray it you need to continue to spray it as your grass will rebound once the PGR wears off.
 

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
Joined
·
5,476 Posts
J_nick said:
Have you looked into PGR's they will decrease your mowing frequency. If you think your yard is thick now wait and see what a PGR will do to it. If you're willing and able to mow everyday power to ya, but if you find yourself in a spot where you're going to be out of town for a few days or just busy. Spraying a PGR a few days before (it takes a few days to see results) can help you stay at your HOC without scalping when you finally get back on the lawn. The only downside I've heard of and depending on your situation it could be a good thing is that once you spray it you need to continue to spray it as your grass will rebound once the PGR wears off.
I just want to add that here is a link to a discussion here Information about PGR
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top