Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
It's a VERY interesting concept!!! I think that would be all my lawn would really need to get it to the next level!!

·
Super Moderator
Tifgrand—7,500 sq/ft—Baroness LM56
5,474 Posts
GrassDaddy said:
He's been doing it for 15 years.. Really makes me want to try it.
Is he in your area?

·
Administrator
Bermudagrass, 3.75 acres, Arkansas
12,864 Posts
I think it only works if used in conjunction with a nuclear density test. :lol:

I kid - I know they sometimes roll greens to firm/smooth/speed up the playing surface, but I think with that comes the risk of over-compaction and water infiltration issues. I'll probably stick to topdressing.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ware said:
I kid - I know they sometimes roll greens to firm/smooth/speed up the playing surface, but I think with that comes the risk of over-compaction and water infiltration issues. I'll probably stick to topdressing.
Yeah this is where you need to know your soil. Mine gets frost heaves. When they put in the septic the heavy machinery didn't over compact it in any way. Our location rarely floods. If I find out someone I know has one of these I might do it..

·
Premium Member
2,609 Posts
hmmm - glad I came across this...in the middle of my reno and added a thick layer of new topsoil...almost 2 inches in some spots...I'm using a Brinly hand roller but its not heavy enough for the job...

Might have to call some paving contractors in my area to see if they can do this for me...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.